Sunday, March 20, 2011

Walk Like an Egyptian




This is my beautiful new Egyptian inspired locket. I've had one Egyptian related locket before but alas it was too small to want to wear. I traded this one with my locket buddy Shawna who has the beautiful shop Heaven Awaits on etsy - http://www.etsy.com/shop/heavenawaits. She is so talented in her jewelry making! She also has the greatest taste in antique lockets :)

I've been reading on all of the Egyptian revivals that have occurred in jewelry. I believe this locket is from the later 1800's / early 1900's. The most popular Egyptian revival was in the 1920's after King Tutankhamen tomb was discovered. But I'm not sure if this screams the 20's. Any suggestions? I'd love to learn more about it!

1 comment:

  1. Awww...Anne.. THANKS for the plug!.. so sweet =) I'm just HAPPY YOU got the locket since you LOVe it SO.. thank you for the FABULOUS trade as well!!! I have great taste because it's just like YOURS!..lol

    ReplyDelete